- Text Size +
"Officer, I can explain." Lee said as he handed over his license and
registration.

"Uh huh. Go ahead, Mr. Stetson. Explain to me what is going on.
Ma'am, I'll be needing your identification, also." The cop was all
business under the brim of his hat.

"You see, well . . . she's my wife. . . " Lee squirmed, why wasn't
Amanda helping him? Normally, if he said to let him do the talking
she just nosed in, anyway.

The officer referenced their I.D.s "Yea, I got one of those, too.
Different name on the license, here."

"Well, we're newlyweds. Yea, so, you understand." The breeze was
getting to Lee's naked chest. At least his pants were up and
zipped. He couldn't vouch for Amanda's state of dress... he didn't
have the guts to so much as give her a sideways glance, at the moment.

"So, that gives you the right to have sex in your car in the middle
of a state park? Buddy, if every newlywed in DC, Maryland and
Virginia had that attitude I would be writing a ticket every minute."

"T-ticket?" Lee stammered. He still didn't look, but thought he
heard a giggle out of Amanda.

"Sir, I'll be right back, I'll ask you not to move."

"Of course not."

Finally, Lee turned to Amanda. She had their little blanket across
her lap and was holding her top to her chest. Her discarded bra was
stil on the floorboard on her side of the 'Vette. She giggled.

"What? By the way, thanks for the help, there."

"Aww, honey," Amanda sounded sympathetic, "You asked me to let you
handle this, as your husband. I am not about to step on your marital
rights. Besides, I think you're doing a," giggle, "fantastic job!"

Lee sighed and awaited his fate. Ticket or not, Amanda was worth
it. Their romantic moment had been quite interrupted, but, that
didn't mean she was going straight home when Sgt. Fury was done with
them!

The end