- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: “Scarecrow and Mrs. King” belong to WB and Shoot the Moon
Productions. This story is product of my imagination, with no infringement
intended.

Warning: Slightly AU

Thanks: Many to Jan, my wonderful beta, I confess that if the story looks like
that it is all her work. She worked hard to catch all my mistakes and fix my
English.

Note: I know this is the time for Christmas stories, I couldn’t find an idea
for one that fit, but I said to myself : Why I can’t made a Christmas present ?
So this is for our beloved TS, who were so upset when Jan and Amy destroyed the
‘Vette.

“Merry Christmas!” to all my gutter friends.

That’s how I think of myself and why not? And why shouldn’t I consider myself
hot? I mean if I’m Lee Stetson’s car and he is the best of the best then I’m
obviously the best of the best when it comes to cars.

How did I end up being his prized baby? Nothing complicated, he simply bought
me! But before he drove me away from the dealership he was ogled by a couple of
women… you know the type, the kind who likes men with fast cars. Those women
shot lingering glances to him then to me and back again, linking us together
with smoldering looks. My new man gave me a wink and a throaty laugh and then
drove me home with him.

I’ll never forget our first ride together; my proud owner took me for a spin
around the suburbs, Arlington if I wasn’t mistaken. My man parked me around the
corner from a neat and cozy house with a white picket fence. I remember being
puzzled, judging by his clothes, money and attitude, I had thought my owner
lived in a residential area of D.C.

But the suburbs?

My headlights were alight with curiosity. He stepped out of me with a look on
his face that, made him appear even more handsome that he was, a fairy tale
prince, even I liked him; after all I’m a Corvette not some kind of Porsche like
his previous car. I don’t know how he could fit his long legs in my interior,
but unfolding his long frame from my seat he looked like a panther, sleek,
handsome and dangerous.

He approached the house with the white fence and melted into the darkness that
engulfed the backyard.

I was intrigued but I couldn’t follow him, even if by some miracle I was
physically able, he had taken the keys from my ignition.

After ten minutes or so he came back around to the front accompanied by a
woman. Suddenly she missed her step and when she stumbled a little he scooped
her up into his arms. There was something in the way he carried her that made me
believe he enjoyed her company far more that he would have enjoyed that of the
two women who had looked at him when bought me.

I have powerful headlights, so unless my eyes were deceiving me, she was a
slender brunette, so slight in fact, that my man’s arms were all but hiding her
from view. I couldn’t see her face because apart from being covered with the
mass of brown curls that had fallen forward she had buried her face into his
neck. She looked comfortable and snug in his arms. Suddenly I realized the
purpose of this trip. He was going to introduce us to each other.

My man carried his lady to me and then circled around my body. When they
passed through the beam from my headlights I saw her face clearly. She was
beautiful; her face, devoid of make-up, was glowing with happiness. But I really
have to be honest here, I don’t think it was seeing me that put that glow on her
face, I’m fairly sure it was being in his arms that made her face light up
brighter than my headlights.

Stopping at my passenger door, he shifted her weight slightly and reached with
one hand to open the door and bending, he placed his precious charge in my
bucket seat. Her arms remained a little too long around his neck and their gazes
locked, he only needed to lean his head forwards a couple of inches and his lips
would have touched hers.

So I’m a romantic car. Hey, it’s not my fault. While I was on display in the
showroom, one of the saleswomen would constantly talk to her colleagues about
her boyfriend, so with a daily diet of romance how could I not become an
incurable romantic?

Dragging my thoughts back to the present I saw my owner wink at the pretty
lady and in a husky voice he whispered, “Your carriage awaits, beautiful
princess!”

She blushed and patted his arm, smiling “Oh Lee, stop it! Come on, let’s go
for a ride in this gorgeous car, I mustn’t be gone for too long, mother will
soon miss me.”

My man smiled back, a wide dimpled smile which made her breath quicken,
closing the door he walked around to the driver’s side and slid in behind my
wheel, turned the key in my ignition and I pulled smoothly away.

Less than an hour later we were back at her house. Lee helped his lady out of
my seat and holding her tightly to his chest carried her around to the back of
her home. When he returned to me his face was graced by the widest smile I’d
ever seen and he was touching his lips with his fingers.

My fairy tale prince had just kissed his princess. Okay big fella!

The days passed, always in the same pattern. During the day we spent most of
our time in D.C. or at his Georgetown apartment, but the nights... the nights he
would drive me to Arlington to check on his princess. At first, from listening
to them, I’d thought that they worked for a film company called IFF, but it
wasn’t long before I discovered they were actually spies.

When Lee was alone with me he would drive like a madman to get to Amanda’s
house, not in the ten to fifteen minutes that it should take, but five if it was
humanly possible. I am his baby, but she is his life, and when Amanda was with
him I took second place. A position I certainly didn’t mind taking, Amanda was
kind and loved me too.

I confess that I was sometimes quite upset with Lee when he would leave me in
the parking lot and drive away with Amanda in some other vehicle. Then came a
day when I was pleased that he had left me alone in my parking slot. In horror
I watched as Amanda drove the car they had used back into the lot. It was
riddled with bullet holes. For a moment I was thrilled that it hadn’t been me
on the receiving end of those bullets. Then I noticed that Amanda was alone and
she was crying. Where was Lee? Where was my man? I know they left together, I
saw them with my own eyes.

Amanda slid behind my wheel, the tears sliding down her cheeks and soaking
into my leather seat. Picking up my phone she called her mother and told her
that she wouldn’t be home any time soon, a good friend of hers had had an
accident and was in hospital and that she would need to stay with him until he
was out of danger. Danger? My owner was in danger? I needed to know what had
happened. As if Amanda had read my mind she picked up my phone again and called
someone called Mr. Melrose. Apparently Lee had been shot twice, once in the
shoulder and once in the upper right chest.

It was a week before I saw Lee again. Amanda drove me to the hospital to
collect my man and then on to her house. I wondered briefly why she would take
Lee to her home, but then after listening to their conversation, I realized that
she was alone for a few days and that she would look after Lee in her house.
She mentioned something about being a Bedside Bluebell, I had no idea what that
was but my man obviously approved if the smile on his face was anything to go
by.

The following three days were quiet. I was left in Amanda’s garage and I was
content knowing that Lee was being well cared for. After the three days had
passed Lee climbed stiffly into my seat and reluctantly drove away from Amanda
towards his home.

Sometime after this I had a horrible experience. I was stolen. Lee found me
before unspeakable things were done to me, but the man who stole me didn’t do
too well. Let’s just say that once Lee got his hands on the thief, the bad guy
need a vacation in the hospital.

Tragedy struck again soon after I had been recovered. Late one evening my man
drove me to a meeting without his princess. I watched him walk into a deserted
building and I waited. I waited all night and he didn’t return. I waited all
the next day and he still didn’t return. Finally, Amanda arrived, her eyes red
and puffy, and sat in my driver’s seat caressing my steering wheel. “He’s gone
’Vette, we think he’s been kidnapped. I will find him and bring him home, I
promise.”

Eventually she did find him. She had been keeping me in her garage, and one
day she came to get me. She looked exhausted but she still managed to move like
a hurricane. She jumped in and started up my engine, hitting my gas pedal she
sped towards a small airstrip. Parking me out of sight of the main building she
took Lee’s spare gun from where he kept it locked under my seat and raced
towards the largest of the buildings. Suddenly the big double doors burst open
and a car sped out heading straight for Amanda. My princess took careful aim
and shot out the tires and the car skidded to a halt. After a brief but violent
struggle inside the car a door opened and a very tired, unshaven, but obviously
relieved Lee appeared and Amanda ran towards him. Reaching him, Amanda took him
into her arms and hugged him. Lee held her face in his hands and kissed her for
all he was worth, leaving her breathless.

Slowly, with the arms around each other, they walked back to me, caressing my
hood and then climbing inside me, Lee driving this time, leaving the back up
that Amanda had called for to clean up at the airport.

The very next day Lee drove me to a jewelry shop and left me parked in the sun
for three hours, only to emerge with a little blue box. For that I had baked in
the midday sun? Once he was seated behind my wheel he opened the box and the
light from that same sun caught on the most beautiful diamond ring, making the
light shimmer in my interior.

Go for it Lee!

That evening he drove me to Arlington once again, parking me in the usual spot
and disappeared into Amanda’s backyard. A couple of hours later he returned with
an intense glow on his face and the widest grin I had ever seen.

The very next morning we drove to Amanda’s house to take her to work. Lee
helped her inside and settled himself behind my wheel but before he could start
my engine, Amanda caressed my dashboard whispering “thank you silver ’Vette!”

Lee’s face was priceless when he asked, “Manda, what did you say?”

“I was thanking the ’Vette for being such an important part of my happiness”

“Care to explain?”

“Of course Sweetheart! Remember when you bought her and came to my house to
show her to me? I was dressed for a quiet evening at home, but I really wanted
to go with you for a ride and I couldn’t go up and change because of mother, so
I went with you dressed as I was. Remember? I stumbled a little and you took me
in your arms and carried me to the car”

“Yes I remember. That was one of the best evenings of my life. The feeling of
your body in my arms was overwhelming, and your warm breath on my neck made my
body tingle.”

“When we returned you held me even tighter and we stopped to linger in my
gazebo...”

“I never released you from my arms, and when you raised your face to look at
me and the moonlight caught your eyes, you had never looked so beautiful, I
couldn’t resist...”

“And you kissed me, and it was wonderful. I’ll never forget it.”

“Me either! I love you Manda!”

“I love you too Lee!”

Then my fairy tale prince caressed me and whispered, “Thank you silver
’Vette,” and in a louder voice, “let’s go!”

And then just like in one of those old movies, we sped off into the rising
sun, not on a white horse but in me, a shining silver Corvette

THE END