- Text Size +
Story Notes:
about many times, myself included, but one that I thought deserved to
be retouched upon again, with a slightly different twist added
courtesy of the twiz script and me addled little head. Additionally,
there has always been one little question that bugged me and so, for
my own amusement, I provided an answer.

Based upon the Fourth Season Episode: "Do You Take This Spy?" (To
the best of my knowledge written by Robert W. Gilmer, Tom Chehak, and
George Geiger. First television airing was on February 13, 1987,
henceforth the usually applied date for Lee and Amanda's elopement.

Warning though, if you want to keep it sweet and romantic, skip the
last 3 paragraphs.
Yes, I Do, Take This Spy

Amanda banged her forehead in frustration against Lee's shoulder as
the maid slowly, oh, how slowly, completed her ritual duties. Her
college memories of English study may have become slightly foggy over
the years but Amanda was certain that there had never been anything
in the definition of a honeymoon that included an unhurried domestic.

Amanda certainly couldn't fault the woman for her duties, the elderly
lady obviously took her employment quite seriously, but on this one
particular night Amanda knew that a picture perfect bedroom mattered
not. The pillows on the beautiful bed didn't have to be plumped up
and the little sweet treats that the woman had just placed on those
very pillows were going to be tossed aside if Amanda had any say in
the matter.

While the maid was not looking, Lee made a gallant attempt to
interrupt Amanda's silent mental ranting by sneaking in a kiss that
could have helped ease her frustration, but just as quickly as their
lips met, the newlyweds were forced to break apart, still reluctant
to show their affection publicly.

Finally, the maid gave the room once last surveying glance before
apparently deeming it passable for inspection, because she then took
her little basket of supplies and headed out of the room, closing the
door to room number two at the Crystal Springs Inn respectfully
behind her, leaving the new bride and groom all alone.

Impatience got the best of Lee and he wasted no time in tugging his
new bride very close to him, placing a soft and very passion filled
kiss upon her lips and causing her to murmur a soft wow at the loving
gesture.

With his hands encircling her waist, he proceeded to pick her up and
then swing her around playfully, bringing forth a surprised gasp from
her. Then he slowly allowed her body to rub lightly along his until
her feet reached solid floor.

It was more than enough physical contact for Amanda to recognize his
physical needs and she looked up at him, seeing the same fire that
she felt smoldering in his eyes. At the same time, the reality of
the situation hit her, filling her with mixed emotions of excitement
and nervousness.

"Do you realize what we've just done?" she whispered in a voice so
low that Lee could scarcely hear her.

He hugged her closer before speaking to her in a very solemn voice,
choosing to enunciate certain words very emphatically.

"I've said I do, and I will, and I most certainly will never get
enough of you, Mrs. Lee Stetson."

"I love you," she told him.

For several moments, neither sure exactly how long, they simply held
onto one another. The magical fantasy that had now become reality
seemed extremely fragile, leaving both afraid to do anything lest it
dissolve into nonexistence before their eyes. One couldn't blame
them, it had taken what seemed a lifetime to actually arrive at this
point and after the rather unusual case they'd worked on during the
week, it was nothing short of a miracle that they now found
themselves here, exactly where they wanted to be.

Finally Lee exhaled, very slowly, and ventured to drop a light kiss
upon Amanda's hair.

She raised her face to look into his eyes, feeling instantaneous
warmth spreading through her as she blushed under his scrutiny.

"Get your mind out of the gutter," he teased her.

"It's not my fault," she responded gently. "You put it there a long
time ago."

"I did, did I?"

He placed his finger under her chin and questioned her with both his
eyes and then his voice.

"Then why have we done nothing about it?" he whispered, his voice
husky with desire.

"It's certainly not for lack of trying, just that there's always
these odd interruptions," she replied.

"Oh," Lee nodded. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

He placed another soft kiss on her lips, lingering there for a time,
each reveling in the promises heralded by the touch.

"Tonight, I promise, no interruptions," Lee said.

"Promise?"

"Nothing short of the end of civilization as we know it," he told
her, repeating a phrase he had used with Billy not all that long
ago, "will come between us, not tonight."

Their lips met again, revealing all of the emotion that both felt,
lasting what seemed forever and yet not nearly long enough.

"I've got an idea," Lee told her.

"Oh?"

"I for one, don't plan on starting our honeymoon still feeling like
I'm covered in hay," he began.

Amanda smiled.

"Yeah, I agree with you on that," she said as she shook her
head. "It's a wonder we even managed to pull this off."

Lee nodded in complete agreement.

"You go ahead, the bathroom's all yours. I'm just going to give a
friend a call, cash in on a favor and have the Agency limo picked up."

"You're sure they won't find some excuse to call us back in?"

"Not if they know what's good for them," Lee told her, his voice
distinctly disclosing just how severe the wrath of hell that would
befall the Agency would be.

Reluctantly Amanda withdrew from his embrace.

With peaked interest, Lee observed as his bride gathered what she
needed, speculating on what he might discover later.

"Manda?" he called to her, just before she slipped into the bathroom.

"Yeah?"

"We've got all night, I promised, remember? Trust me?"

Turning to look back at him as she stood in the bathroom door she
smiled.

"Always Scarecrow, always."

She closed the bathroom door behind her, separating them, leaving Lee
alone with his thoughts. He meant it, there really was nothing, and
that included a nuclear blast, that would prevent him from fulfilling
his promises to his new wife on this, their wedding night.

Humming happily, he retrieved the things that he wanted from his own
bags to set up what he thought might enhance the mood for tonight,
although he doubted they would need any assistance. Tonight was
special, a first for them, and above all else, Lee Stetson intended
for it to be perfect, for her.

The sound of running water in the shower penetrated his thoughts and
he smiled at the image of his Amanda, standing nude beneath the
spraying warmth of the water, a visual that his body responded to.
This was one of things that he loved about her, something that he
wasn't sure she even realized yet. Amanda had the ability to arouse
him without being in visual contact.

Lee set about his task, humming a nameless tune while trying to
squelch the urge to join his wife in the shower. And that's when,
totally unexpected and most assuredly uninvited, it happened.

The curse struck, yet again.

Lee listened to the loud knocking on their door and exhaled angrily
when he realized that it was not going away.

"I am going to kill whoever is on the other side," he mumbled as he
began moving towards the ominous sound. "Unless it's the maid, in
which case she will be unceremoniously removed."

"This had better be brief," he said as he slowly opened the door to
discover who would dare intrude upon this night. A groan escaped him
as he saw who was on the other side and swiftly he attempted to close
the door.

The chuckling intruder acted more swiftly, his foot wedging in
between the door, preventing Lee from slamming it in his face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Lee hissed.

"You want privacy, never leave a map to the hotel in your car," Nick
Grant laughed, his dark eyes sparkling with obvious wicked mischief.

"My car is private, now go away."

"But, dear old friend, I've rather important news to tell you."

"I'm sure whatever it is, can wait."

Nick snorted.

"I was just going to tell that the Picasso is back and hardly a
scratch. Also, so you don't worry, Billy squared things with the
Turks, Felicia is yodeling for her life and, other than my heart's
suffering, things are looking up again."

"Yeah, well you deserve to suffer," Lee grumbled. "Now beat it, I'm
off duty, I'm not here, you're talking to a figment of your
imagination."

"Oh, well in that case," Nick said as he pulled one hand from his
behind his back to reveal a bottle of champagne, "I guess you won't
be able to share this with the other figment." Nick teased him by
waving it in the air.

"How did," Lee began angrily.

Nick just thrust the bottle of champagne into Lee's hand and turned
to leave. Quickly though, he turned around, an obvious extra
something had been left unsaid.

Nick smiled at Scarecrow and then said, "I'm really very happy for
you, give my best to Mrs. Stetson." As an afterthought, Nick
added, "If either of you need me, I'm in three-ten."

With that Nick began to saunter off down the hallway, whistling to
himself and leaving a stunned Scarecrow standing in the doorway.

"Hey!" Lee suddenly called after him; just now realizing what
dreadful ramifications could result from this, especially with Nick
Grant.

Nick turned and shrugged.

"Need to know, I know man. And I disavow any knowledge of anything
and everything," Nick said, shaking his head back and forth. "I owe
you, Stetson, tis the least that I could do. Now, be a good lad,
shut the door, and have a happy."

This time Nick Grant kept on going, heading down the hall as if
nothing had happened and Lee Stetson closed the door, feeling,
actually for once as far as ole Nicky was concerned, that the man
would make good on this single promise.

Moments later, Lee had just hung up the phone after taking care of
one last detail when the bathroom door opened.

His mouth dropped, his lips parted but the mighty Scarecrow was left
speechless by the angelic vision that now stood before him.

Amanda was wearing a soft white negligee and matching robe,
delicately lacy, very feminine and extremely alluring.

"Wow," Lee stated.

She blushed in response to his hazel eyes that appeared to be
drinking in every inch of her.

He moved towards her, coming to stop just inches from her.

"Absolutely beautiful," he commented.

"You like?"

Lee nodded. "Very much."

He paused for a moment, having to exert tremendous self-control not
to take her right then and there.

"I, uhm, well," he stammered then pointed to the bathroom. "I won't
be long, I promise."

Amanda smiled at him. "I know," she whispered softly.

While Lee was in the bathroom, she glanced around the beautiful suite
that was theirs for the night. It was wonderful, homey yet softly
romantic, a very appropriate setting for their first night as husband
and wife.

Lee had turned the main lights down, choosing to illuminate the room
with a few lit candles and the glow emanating from the flickering
flames within the fireplace. The flames beckoned to Amanda and she
moved to the couch placed strategically near and settled herself
down. She moved to sit on her knees, overlooking the back of the
couch and gazed into those warming flames, watching them blaze before
her while taking the chill out of the February night.

(Honest, the actual high for the day in the Washington DC area on
this day was a chilly 45 degrees. Trust me, I researched it. It was
a cold winter night and the fireplace lends one point towards the
authenticity score for the show. In case you're interested, the
following day would bring a high of 38 to the DC metroplex or, in SMK
values, the perfect time to hop a plane to sunny California to
celebrate marital bliss in the sun.)

Resting her chin upon her hands on the back of the couch, her
thoughts wandered as she waited for her husband. Tonight would be
the very first night that they would actually consummate their
relationship, though not for lack of trying. She smiled at the
thought of every interrupted moment, the magical times of being
caught up in wondrous foreplay, only to be sidestepped by a ringing
phone or knocking upon the door.

Just the thoughts of what they would do tonight, together, warmed her
insides, making her blush. Amanda looked down at her left hand and
smiled, the sight of those two beautiful rings now adorning her
finger filled her with a contentment that she'd never experienced
before. The gold bands gleamed and the diamond sparkled in the
flickering play of the light.

Tonight she would do something that she'd only ever done once before,
for the first time give herself completely, heart, body, and soul to
her husband. It was thrilling, a bit frightening, and very
romantic. Lee Stetson was every woman's dream, tall, strong,
extremely built, and preciously, totally hers, for life. So caught
up in the emotion of it all, a few tears came to her dark eyes,
slowly sliding down Amanda's cheeks. So caught up in the moment, she
didn't even hear her husband leave the bathroom or approach her.

Caught off-guard by his arrival, she flinched lightly as he rested
his palms on her shoulders and very gently squeezed her flesh. It
was meant to be a gentle and reassuring touch, physically reminding
her that he was her husband, that they had actually taken their vows
this afternoon and pledged the remaining days of their lives to
another.

Amanda turned slowly to gaze at him, her breath catching in her
throat at how magnificent he looked. Barefoot, his powerful and lean
legs clad in black silk pajama pants and his chest exposed to her
from his unbuttoned top made her question how her fortune had blessed
her with this man.

His left hand, adorned with his own gold band, reached out to tip her
chin upwards, a concerned look on his face.

"You've been crying?" he said, a sad look etched on his face, the
obvious concern evident in his hazel eyes.

"I'm happy," she told him, her voice quavering just a little.

Lee set down on the couch beside her and pulled her onto his lap,
embracing her lovingly.

"Amanda?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you sure?"

"Oh Lee," she sniffled. "I've never been happier. Honest, tears of
happiness, nothing more."

"Scout's honor?" he asked her.

Amanda quickly nodded.

She leaned in and kissed him softly, her moist lips caressing his
until he groaned in the back of his throat. With a sigh, both of
them broke apart.

"I would hate to think that we'd been barely married a few hours and
I'd already done something to cause my new bride to cry."

"Never," she told him.

"Good, because a honeymoon is for the bride and groom to celebrate
their marriage, something special and romantic, a time for nothing
but tenderness and pleasure, tonight I want to show you just how much
I truly love you."

"Oh Lee," she whispered.

His hand gently caressed her face, gliding lightly along the soft
skin of her cheek.

"So, toots, how about starting the celebrating? I've got some
champagne, I've got a beautiful wife, and the night is still young."

"I'd love to," she responded.

Lee poured them champagne and then toasted his wife.

"To my Manda, for her patience, her love, and for making me the
happiest man alive right now. May tonight be the first of an
eternity of nights making you happy."

Their glasses clinked together as she told him that she loved him,
yet again. She would never tire of saying it and he would never tire
of hearing the words slip from her beautiful mouth.

For an eternity, or so it seemed, they remained on the couch, sipping
their drinks and kissing and cuddling. Then Lee took her hand in his
and slowly pulled her up to stand before him. They gazed at one
another, each seeing the love and passion mirrored in the other's
eyes.

Slowly Lee began to untie the thin ribbon that held Amanda's robe in
place and then with equal slowness he began to slowly slide the
garment from her, to reveal his long coveted treasure.

Hungry hazel eyes drank in the exquisite angel that stood before him,
beginning at her shoulders and noting the thin straps that held the
garment up before moving downward to the plunging vee that revealed
creamy skin, hinting at what lay beneath the lacy top of her negligee.

Briefly, he remembered another evening, seeing her in her nightgown
after climbing to her bedroom via the trellis. Like tonight, she had
been beautiful, her hair had been brushed through, dark silky strands
tumbling freely to her shoulders, producing an undeniable ache within
him to just reach out and run his fingers through every lock.
Except, on that night, he had not been able to muster the courage nor
had he been quite convinced that Amanda would have permitted him.

His mind had questioned then if she would ever really belong to him
or if he had perhaps already lost her before opportunity had a chance
to present itself. Fortunately, fate had conspired in their favor
and, slowly but surely, they had begun taking the baby steps that had
brought them to this, their wedding night.

Under protective cover of the darkness and nestled in the safe haven
of their suite, Lee had the leisure to do what he had fantasized a
thousand times and many more. He did reach out, slowly, and allowed
himself the luxury of running his fingers through her dark hair.
Longer now than it had been then, freshly shampooed, still slightly
damp, and teasing his senses with the faint essence of a floral
garden, the strands did indeed feel like silk to his fingertips.

For a few moments, he reveled in the sensation before allowing his
hands to travel, soft feather-light touches as the tips of his
fingers skimmed along her shoulders, coming together where the vee of
lace dipped lowest. He then slid his hands down, palms sliding over
the lace that covered her breasts and then further still before
moving to reach the gentle curve of her hips. From there he
proceeded to her backside, his palms cupping her buttocks, pressing
her in against his obvious arousal.

Amanda raised her face to look at him, her dark eyes locked with his
that unequivocally revealed what he most coveted, his understood need
for her, but most importantly, his undeniable love for her.

She was reminded of that day, not quite a year past, when he had worn
that same expression. How he had crossed the Q-Bureau, a man fully
intent on completing his quest, a man who had come to stand before
her, uncertain how to deal with his own emotions and yet finally
comprehending what he had been for so long attempting to deny.

He had shut the door, attempting to secure them from the outside,
acknowledging that now was the time, it had been long enough. And
when it seemed as if the fates were going to conspire against them
one more time, Lee had the courage to put a quick stop to it. The
man who clicked that lock into place had been determined, despite the
fact that she knew he was nervous. She had been nervous, as well,
trying to reconcile the knowledge that they'd been moving forward to
this for a very long time while trying to accept the reality of it.

Then he had smiled and kissed her, a brief kiss, like a child dipping
his toe into the water of the pool, eager but still very unsure. In
those precious moments, any trace doubts that Amanda might have had
in regards as to who Lee's heart belonged to had vanished. He had
approached her gently, respectfully. She had known the ball had been
placed in her court and that if she had wanted to leave the game, he
would have allowed her. Instead she had smiled back at him, and with
one word reassured him that she was ready as well.

The kisses that had followed there, in the one place that had come to
be so much more for them than just the office, were very nearly their
undoing. Bursting with overpowering sensual charge and filled with
something so very much more than just physical need that no doubt had
remained as to how their partnership was destined to change.

Now, as their lips met again in a sweet but fiery kiss, she felt her
already unstable equilibrium rocked. How she remained standing had
nothing to do with her own two feet and everything to do with Lee's
protective embrace. The feel of his hands around her waist, the
warmth exuded from his body pressed against hers, it all brought
Amanda quickly back to the here and now and she trembled from the
sudden reality of it all.

Nervously she scraped her front teeth along her bottom lip as she
dared to chance a glance into his eyes, the darkened hazel revealing
exactly what he wanted, his intense need for her, the very depths of
his love.

"I'm scared," she whispered honestly.

"Me too," he admitted. "I know I was agitated, frustrated as all
hell every time we thought we were going to make love, all those
interruptions, but tonight, I can say honestly that I'm very glad. I
dunno, somehow makes tonight all the more special."

Again, Amanda's dark eyes glistened with tears and she blinked
rapidly, trying not to let them fall. The great Scarecrow of
legendary water-cooler fame, the man who'd been dubbed a playboy by
all who had known him, had never surfaced in their romantic
relationship. Instead, Lee Stetson had proved to be the most
charming and gallant man she'd ever been with. Nothing that they had
done had been anything more than what she truly wanted and knowing
how deep his love and respect for her ran churned her emotions even
more. The tears began to fall, despite her best intentions.

This time, however, Lee knew there was nothing to be concerned
about. Instead his hands moved to cup her face, his thumbs tenderly
brushing them away.

"Amanda, I'm not any better with words than I am with that damn
electronic box that sits on my desk, but I meant every word of our
vows. Tonight," he smiled at her, "tonight I plan on doing nothing
more than loving and cherishing you, the way you were meant to be."

Again, their lips met, Lee's hands moved to cradle her head as his
tongue slid along her mouth, gently begging for admission that she
readily granted. As their kiss deepened, her hands slid along his
smooth chest, reaching her goal of his broad shoulders. Her fingers
expertly slid his pajama top off, until it joined her silky robe in a
heap on the floor, the dark masculine fabric melding in a pool of
soft feminine white.

He then guided her across the room, back to the bed that awaited
them. They stood there then, face to face, eyes locked. Lee cupped
her face gently, kissed her softly, allowing his mouth to caress hers
with all of the passion that he held for her. She whimpered when she
felt the absence of his lips but soon felt his loving touch elsewhere
on her body.

His hands were on her waist and he gently pushed her back down onto
the bed, before joining her. Then his mouth began another assault on
her body. His lips trailed down her neck, his intent to follow the
plunge of the neckline until his mouth covered one breast.

She could feel the moist heat as he took her nipple into his mouth
through the lace. With his free hand, he massaged her other breast
ever so lightly through the fabric. He began alternating his loving
kisses with soft puffs of breath and Amanda thought she was going to
explode before they even got to the actual consummation of their
legal union.

Then Lee began to roam downward, his hands softly caressing her skin
through the fabric of her negligee. Touches that were gentle but
expertly skilled as he trailed her body. If she had been a kitten
she would have been purring under his ministrations and, at this
point, she couldn't be sure that she wasn't.

Her eyes closed, she luxuriated under his touch that showed without
words exactly how much he did cherish her. She only slightly
registered the fact that his hands were working her nightgown up,
warm hands sliding up her legs as he pushed the fabric away to expose
her.

Lee had recognized when he'd touched her earlier, that she hadn't any
panties on beneath the flimsy negligee. It made what he desired to
do to her body even easier to accomplish.

He straddled her, positioning himself at just the right place to
tease her. One hand, his left, began softly stroking her now exposed
inner thigh. Up and down, tracing circles, his fingers left a heated
trail along her skin. He would venture so close to where she most
desired to be touched but didn't quite go there.

With each passing second, her intense craving, the need for him to
touch her increased, and she actually whimpered.

Then, finally, Lee found the destination and she felt his fingers
lightly tease her outer folds. He stroked softly through her hair,
again almost being where she needed him most, but still not actually
arriving there.

Amanda was completely at his mercy, enjoying his sweet torture while
feeling as if her body would die if he did not complete his quest
soon.

"Please," she pleaded.

"Not yet, my love," was his reply.

His fingers began circling her mound, straying hither and yon at
times before returning. Then, slowly she felt one finger begin to
move where she so desperately needed release. He took his time,
wanting her to enjoy every moment, to feel every minute of tonight.
Soon he had begun a rhythmic motion, a gentle sliding in and out that
had Amanda clutching the sheets.

Lee teased her, for a time, until he had deemed that she'd had
enough. He withdrew his finger, registered her cry of abandonment,
and chuckled before kneeling between her until his mouth could taste
her moist heat.

Yet again, she was at his mercy, and yet again she endured his sweet
torture. He blew gently upon her damp folds, his warm breath sending
tingles of excitement through her body. His tongue began to circle
her, eliciting a shuddering breath from her.

She knew he begged for entry and she tried to shift her hips, to
allow him more complete access. Then she felt the sudden invasion as
he slid into her; his tongue tickling her at first before a delirious
wave of erotic warmth began to course through her body.

The things he did with his tongue were mystifyingly wonderful. Not
that Amanda hadn't experienced oral gratification before, but Lee had
such an erotic skill that she knew he could have her screaming
without hardly touching her.

Tonight was different, however. He seemed to have set a pace that
brought her almost to the point of no return and then backed away,
prolonging the ecstasy so well that she knew, without doubt, that he
could keep her like this the entire night.

She felt him inside of her, moving within, making her long for him to
mimic those same actions with his hardened arousal. Her body and
heart ached for him take her completely, finally claiming her as his
and his alone. Tonight Amanda needed Scarecrow, her spy, to take
her. She needed Lee, her husband to make love to her.

As if sensing his bride's needs, Lee placed one final kiss on what
was surely her most sensitive area at this precise moment. Then, he
began working his way back, again leaving a trail of soft butterfly
kisses along her inner thing.

His next intention was to divest Amanda of her nightgown even though
he thought she looked absolutely gorgeous wearing it. To do that he
had an idea but he had to struggle against the burning desire to
simply take her right then and there. He moved away and up to stand
beside the bed, smiling at the look of confusion on her face.

"Trust me," was all that he said as he held out her hand for her to
take.

Without question, she did.

Slowly he pulled her to stand beside him, steadying her on unsure
feet. Then he gently massaged the back of her neck, inching his way
down with stroking fingers against her skin.

Lee began mingling kisses with his actions; unhurried, soft, and
loving kisses until his hands had reached the straps of offending
fabric. Slowly he slid the straps down; moving with a deliberate
unhurried pace as he pushed the silky garment off of her.

And then his beautiful wife, the woman he had pledged to honor and
cherish, to love and to hold, stood before him, totally nude, every
delightful inch of her exposed for his eyes.

He couldn't help but smile when she returned the favor, her own
fingers running lightly over the waist band of his pajama pants,
teasing the flesh of his stomach, before grasping them in her little
hands and pushing them downward.

"Manda," he breathed her name as he pulled her into his arms. Their
lips met, this kiss filled with enough explosive passion to rival a
nuclear blast. Hungrily, with an almost primal urgency, they kissed,
tongues dancing and dueling until Amanda shuddered in his arms and
pushed him away to inhale deeply.

Lee seized the moment and picked her up and then they both tumbled to
the bed. Blissful moments passed as each touched and caressed, their
hands roaming everywhere, urgent kisses, until Amanda pleaded his
name.

"I love you so much, Mrs. Stetson," he told her.

"And I love you."

Amanda moved to sit up.

"Where do you think you're going?"

She gave him a seductive smile, her dark eyes sparkling just as her
diamond ring and heart pendant were in the flickering light that
filled the room.

"Not far, I promise."

Amanda moved to where she could straddle him, just at his knees.
Then she leaned over and took his hard staff into her hands. Lightly
she caressed him, her fingers feeling satiny soft to him as she had
her way with him. Then she moved back a little more, before leaning
over and kissing the tip of him.

"Manda," Lee growled.

"It's mine now, can't I play?"

Lee smiled at her, the cute little pout on her face, the devilish
gleam of passion in her eyes and knew that he could not now nor would
he ever deny her anything that she desired.

"Play all you want, Mrs. Stetson."

With that, Lee placed his hands behind his head and leaned back onto
the pillows, knowing that he would enjoy every bit of play his new
bride would bestow upon him. And bestow upon him she did. With her
fingers, with her lips, and with her tongue.

Amanda grasped him lightly at the base of his shaft with one hand,
while the other encircled him and began to stroke him lightly.
Despite the fact that Amanda could project the image of innocence he
felt firsthand exactly how sensual she could be. Her touch was
positively lethal as with each stroke she flamed the burning embers
of the passion that burned within him, until he knew he surely would
lose control.

"Manda," he feverishly growled her name, praying to the gods, hoping
that she would stop, knowing what would happen is she didn't.

"No?" she questioned.

Lee smiled at her. "Baby, I can't take much more of that."

A self-satisfied smile lit her face. He knew she had struggled to
come to terms with the demons of his past, all the names that had
once been part and parcel of the old Scarecrow's life. He surmised
that it couldn't have been easy upon her and yet she had surprised
him with both her patience and her ability to mostly let the past
remain where it should.

Seeing that smile upon her face assured him that those demons rested
where they should. He would hate to think that she felt like just
another name and number in a book.

This was one of the reasons he wanted tonight to be so special, he
needed to assure his bride that this was the life he wanted, that she
was the only woman he ever needed in his life and in his bed, that
her life was what he needed to be part of, in every aspect.

Lee reached his hands out to her, beckoning her to come to him and
she did, lying atop his nude body so that her breasts pressed against
his chest.

"You are so beautiful Amanda," he told her. One hand played with her
hair; the other took to drawing randomly with his fingers across the
soft skin of her back.

With flickering flames from the fireplace and candles providing the
backdrop, the two lovers kissed and touched, creating dancing shadows
upon the wall that only served as a precursor for what would soon
follow.

Amanda became lost under his touch, both the night and the reality
slipping away from her until the only thing that existed was her
husband. Skillfully he wove both touch and kisses, mingling the
sensations into an emotional wave of passionate bliss until there was
nothing else save him in her universe.

Lee couldn't even begin to tell Amanda just how much he treasured her
or loved her or even needed her, he had always felt inapt with words
and conversations, he was a man of action. He knew that if couldn't
convey to her what he wanted verbally, he could show her. He knew
with certainty that she would know, there had always been that
between them, her uncanny way of seeing through him and knowing him
sometimes better than himself.

He allowed his body instead to do the talking, taking time to caress
her, to stroke her skin and to kiss her senseless, knowing that she
would understand that she was the keeper of his heart, his reason for
being, his very life.

They moved upon the bed together, as one, until both knew, without
words, that they had reached the moment when their two hearts and
bodies would join, when they would become one. With one action they
would personify not lust but true love, the very essence of the word.

Lee moved, now over her, and he gazed down upon her face, illuminated
only by the dancing shadows. Her eyes revealed her passion and her
love for him, the dark orbs almost seeming to have taken on a
luminous quality. He knew then that he wanted to be looking into her
eyes when he entered her for the first time.

With a voice that hardly seemed his own, he requested that she look
at him.

Without a doubt, she complied.

He positioned the tip of his hardened heat at her entrance all the
while watching his beloved Amanda.

Then he leaned down to kiss her lips softly.

"Know that I will always love you," he promised.

Her arms twined around his neck, holding him gently and then Amanda
felt the fullness of him, large and hot, as he began to slide into
her tight core. He didn't rush; instead he eased into her depths,
allowing her to accommodate his thickness. Her mouth opened
slightly, a soft gasp vocalized as she felt him joining her.

He pulled out before completely filling her, only to repeat the
motion several times before finally pushing completely into her,
sinking within as far as he could. She did cry out then, certainly
not from pain but from the exquisite pleasure that filled her body
and soul.

Never had she felt anything like this, the feel of him within her a
myriad of sensation. Male hardness seemed to blend with liquid silk,
the friction as they moved like a warming elixir, drugging to the
senses, blissfully exquisite.

The slow, repeated ease with which he thrust into her surprised
Amanda, considering his reputation, and yet it was perfectly suited
for them, for this moment.

Blended with the gentle dance, loving words were spoken between the
lovers, enhancing it while slowly allowing it to proceed towards the
crescendo that both knew still awaited them.

Lee knew, just by watching her eyes, the moment that he had lost her
to the heavenly bliss that had surrounded them this night. This is
what he had yearned to do for so long, to love her so perfectly that
she should experience this. Pleasure for her mattered far more than
his own did, a factor that would have never entered his mind in his
past that was thankfully long buried.

With tenderness stemmed from the depths of his emotions for her, he
loved her, prolonging the beauty of the dance in a silent
accompaniment that both could hear from within their hearts, as if a
choir comprised of angels of love sang around them. They moved as
one, strengthening and sealing the bond that had always existed
between them.

She softly whimpered beneath his touch as each loving thrust took her
one step higher on their journey to a place nestled somewhere in
heaven, created just for them. Actions increased, body movement
hastened until her soft cries became louder vocalizations of the
pleasure that he had created just for her.

The term making love seemed to be redefined in these glorious moments
for both of them. It was a blend of exquisitely sensual,
mystifyingly erotic, and far surpassing what both could ever have
hoped for in terms of sexual pleasure.

Amanda clung to him as Lee nestled his mouth against her neck,
kissing her as though he would never get enough of her, she murmuring
his name repeatedly as her fingertips dug harder into his flesh, both
holding onto one another with an intensity that ensured they would
never separate.

And when she cried out and her body shuddered beneath him, he quickly
followed, the orgasm both experienced rocked them beyond
description. Physically it was the most intense occurrence either
had ever had; emotionally it overtook their bodies and their hearts,
affirming their union with a power that brought tears to both their
eyes.

As they lay together, snuggled and content after their lovemaking,
Lee couldn't help but look upon his wife. In the subdued play of
flickering light and shadows her dark eyes still had a dreamy glaze
over them, a radiant sparkle that tugged deep within in him, knowing
that he was the cause. His fingers couldn't resist touching her
face, tracing the luscious lips that curved in a sweet smile, still
swollen from his kisses.

For a moment, he pictured her the first time they'd met, her
exasperated look, or maybe it had been annoyance at having her
morning routine interrupted by a stranger. To think that he had had
no clue as to the wonderful treasure he'd found that morning.

Lee couldn't help but smile at the both the absurdity of the scenario
and the eventual wonderful outcome.

"What are you thinking?" Amanda whispered to him.

"That if I had only known what I had found that morning I handed you
that package."

She chuckled softly.

"Pretty amazing, huh?"

"Very," Lee told her as he clasped her hand in his and brought it to
his lips to bestow a soft kiss on her skin.

"You know, I always wondered how you managed to find me after that.
I mean, one chance meeting, and yet, somehow, you turned up in my
life again."

Lee grinned. "I never did tell you that did I?'

"Do I even want to know?" Amanda asked.

Lee's response was to roll over onto his back, taking her with him so
that she now lay atop him. He reached up with one hand and pushed
stray locks of her soft hair away from her face.

"Well, eventually I made my way back to the Agency, and by the time
Dirk finished raking me over, I had a pounding headache. No sleep
and an assortment of various bruises will do that to you. And yet, I
was still too frustrated to just go home and sleep, even though I
needed to. I drove around for awhile, thinking about what had just
happened. I wasn't paying any attention to where I was driving, when
I realized that I had to get something for my head. So I pulled into
this grocery store parking lot and was reaching for my wallet and
then, for some reason, I happened to look up."

Lee pulled her down so that he could kiss her lips, before continuing.

"I saw you, and your mother, heading out of the grocery store. The
rest was easy, casual surveillance, ran your plates, and the rest, my
dear Mrs. Stetson, as they say, is history."

Amanda laughed.

"You were just lucky."

When he spoke, his voice was soft and very husky.

"Very damned lucky," he murmured.

Actually, I guess if you want to keep it nice, stop reading
here. If you want to see what that pesky voice kept insisting, read
on, though at your own risk. Sometimes the muse can be very
persistent and damn, didn't she insist on putting this in. Tera
shrugs - who understands the muse's rationale anyhow?

Their lips met again, passionate kisses that became filled with an
urgency that neither could deny, nor, they thought, would ever have
to again.

Behind the closed doors of room number two at the Crystal Springs
Inn, all seemed right in their universe. There had never been
anything so wonderfully perfect, so enchantingly beautiful. They had
finally made it to a point both had dreamed of, longed for, and yet
had fought so long and so hard to not reach, until both realized the
futility of fighting what their hearts had seemed to know forever.

As far as they were concerned, nothing could touch them. They were
best friends, an unbeatable partnership, and now husband and wife.
Spy had taken spy, both believing the dream that had brought the lone
wolf agent into the arms of the woman and protégé who had patiently
believed and waited, loving him with conviction enough to join him in
pledging vows of matrimony thought to be indestructible.

Repeating the glorious journey of uniting body and heart, neither
foresaw anything but a wonderful and blissful future together that
had already begun on this, their wedding night.

Such are the illusions spun of fantasy arisen from innocent and true
love, until the dark evils from the shadows intrude upon to manifest
themselves and mar the celebration. Amidst their present happiness,
neither could have foreseen the tragedy that awaited them, the clock
slowly ticking to the point where those very vows and the strength of
their love would be tested.

For a little while longer, at least, the question would not be
asked.

Would death do them part?