- Text Size +
Story Notes:
DISCLAIMER: Characters owned by Warner Bros and Shoot
The Moon Productions. Just borrowing them for a
Springtime walk.
Their night of surveillance across from the Clarion
had netted no results so far. The Clarion was a mid-
sized hotel in the heart of Washington D. C. across
from Montrose Park.

Early Spring had descended on the District in all its
glory. The fragrence of honeysuckle and various
blossoms permeated the air from the nearby park. The
aroma filtered into the silver Corvette parked across
the street from the hotel.

Lee Stetson watched the building closely. He and Amanda
were looking for an informant whose ties were thick with
the K. G. B. The Agency had a tip that there would be an
exchange going down tonight. Ernest Mitchell was
supposed to meet a Russian agent inside the Clarion to
trade a computer disc for funds expected. The disc
contained information on weapon configurations for a
recently developed ICBM missile. Preventing the alleged
meeting was imperative to national security. Ernest was
used to high gain on these assignments and hadn't been
caught as yet.

Keeping his mind on his work was proving difficult for
the longtime operative because the love of his life was
in close proximity. She also happened to be his
partner. This time of the year did not help. Lee fell
into the classic grouping of "a young man's fancy"
in Spring.

He smiled as he gazed at her. She was asleep at the
moment.

Lee thought, 'She's the most beautiful woman I've ever
met and I love her so.'

'October 3rd was the luckiest day of my life...to think
that was three years ago. I'm not proud of how I
treated her in the beginning of our relationship. I
remember how I fought her tooth and nail. I really
couldn't justify why totally. She was unlike any other
woman I'd ever known. She is warm, caring, intelligent
and beautiful.' He shook his head in wonder.

Continuing his daydreaming he thought, 'Now we get along
great, but I want more, much more. I want her to be
mine forever...'

He sighed heavily and retrained his thoughts over to
the hotel, trying to concentrate on the task at hand.
Amanda was taking a rest after a long period of
observance.

The car phone rang loudly causing Amanda to stir from
her slumber.

"Stetson here," answered Lee.

He listened awhile and replied, "Yeah, Billy, thanks.
Yeah, I'll get her home."

Lee viewed his partner's awakening. "Hi, sleepyhead,"
he smiled. "That was Billy. Mitchell has been caught
at another location. I guess we're done for the night."

"Good," she exclaimed enthusiastically. "Thanks for
letting me sleep. I really needed the rest."

"Amanda...uh...would you like...uh...to." he seemed to
pause for an eternity.

"To what, Lee?" she asked, getting impatient.

Lee finally found words and his voice. "To take a walk
around the Jefferson Memorial, or get a nightcap at my
place?" he rattled off hastily as if he were glad the
question was overwith.

"How about both?" she suggested, making eye contact and
caressing his cheek with the palm of her hand.

Lee smiled that special smile reserved only for her.
He sighed heavily in relief. "That's great. Shall we
head for our favorite retreat?"

It took all of five minutes to reach their destination.

Lee helped her out of the Vette and they walked hand in
hand in amiable silence at first.

"I'ts a beautiful night," spoke Amanda dreamily,
squeezing his hand tightly.

"It certainly is," he agreed, looking directly at her.

Amanda blushed under his scrutiny. "Thank you, Lee,"
she accepted the compliment graciously.

Lee paused at back of the Memorial, secluded from other
couples and tourists.

Their eyes locked. Lee drew her close to give her a
hug. She reveled in their closeness.

He leaned in and brushed his lips against hers, very
lightly at first. Her lips were soft and warm. That same
electricity shot through him again. He backed away a
little, gauging her reacton.

"Lee," she whispered, as if her whole world came down to
this moment in time.

She could see all his love for her held in his eyes.
They now turned dark with passion. He crushed her to him
and engulfed her mouth as all the pent up emotion came
to the surface for both of them.

Lee kissed her hungrily and possessively reveling in
the esctasy. Amanda threw her arms around his neck
and her hands kneaded and played with his hair. She
responded eagerly to the growing intensity of their
kiss.

As the evening breeze played around them, our favorite
couple reluctantly broke their kiss after several
minutes.

Lee spoke first, still not breaking eye contact. "Spring
sure does something for the old libido, huh?" he mused.

"Scarecrow, I think the season helped, but your libido
had a mind of its own and a healthy one it is," she
teased.

He chuckled. "Seriously, Amanda, I've wanted to kiss
you for awhile. I'm a fool not to have shown you sooner,
but the time never was right,... you know."

"Yes, Lee. I know," she smiled up into his wonderful
eyes.

Suddenly he blurted out, like he was bursting at the
seams, "Oh, God, Amanda. I love you so much."
He pulled her into a fierce hug.

"At last," she breathed in relief, the tears starting.
"I've waited so long to hear those words. I love you ,
too,with all my heart."

They kissed again fiercely, entering a new world with
a welcome future, hopefully forever.

The End