[Reviews - 2] heartheartheartheartheartPrinter
Rated: Teen
Categories: Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Stephanie Plum Characters: Amanda King, Francine Desmond, Grandma Mazur, Joe Morelli, Lee Stetson, Lula, Ranger, Stephanie Plum
Genres: Action, Comedy, Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: The L'Amour Universe
Chapters: 14 Completed: Yes
Word count: 114194 Read: 130644
Published: 07/06/08 Updated: 07/06/08
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: The characters from Scarecrow and Mrs. King are the property of Warner Brothers and Shoot the Moon Productions. We have borrowed the characters without the consent or knowledge of Warner Brothers or Shoot the Moon. The characters from the world of Stephanie Plum are the sole property of the very talented author: Janet Evanovich.  We only borrowed them to help enhance our story, and do not wish to make money off of them.  This story, however, is copyrighted to the mentioned authors. This story is for entertainment purposes ONLY. If you would like to add it to an archive, please just let us know.Authors’ Notes:  This story came about because of an interview that Jan saw on television, and the related article on the news website that she passed onto Amy to read. Additionally, this story is dedicated to Cheryl, who requested an SMK/Plum crossover, and the idea for this story seemed like the perfect way to make those two worlds fit together.  Also, since this is a crossover with the Stephanie Plum novel series, a quick note.  Ms. Evanovich writes the stories, which if you haven’t read you should because they are a terrific, in the first person, from Stephanie’s point-of-view.  Stephanie is a Jersey girl with Amanda’s knack for finding trouble and hates guns. Anyway, since the story is mostly written in the third person, it didn’t make sense to switch to first person when we got to the Plum portion of the story, therefore, our story does not follow Ms. Evanovich’s style of writing, and we hope we have done the characters justice.Additionally, according to research cellular phones became popular in the 1980s, but mostly as car phones.  The Plum stories seem to start in the early 90’s and Stephanie Plum uses her cell phone religiously. Therefore, we’re going to suspend reality and assume that whether true or not, cell phones became small enough and less cumbersome to be used quite frequently in 1989. The same suspension of reality goes for pagers, too, because most of the characters within the Plum world carry them.  Also, based on the information in “Three to Get Deadly” it is mentioned that the character, Uncle Mo, had opened his store in 1958, and had been running it for thirty-odd years, which puts the timeframe of the Plum series in the early 90s.  So we’re not that far off from the SMK timeframe.  Our story, takes place in April of 1989.And one final note, which is more of a tissue/fist-thrusting-in-the-air-warning:  we do kill off a minor character from the SMK world, one that is quite an integral part of the end of the second and all of the third and fourth seasons of the show, but we felt could be ‘gotten rid of’.  The reasons why will become evident by the end, but we apologize up front for anyone we may upset when one so beloved bites the dust.Possible spoiler alert: our story contains background information on the Plum characters, to provide those who aren’t familiar with the series enough information to feel comfortable with the characters.  With this in mind, if you plan on reading the Plum series, we tried not to give a way any major spoilers for anything that happened in the first five books of the series. Timeframe: This story takes place a few months after our story “l’Amour, Toujours l’Amour.”  Lee and Amanda are busy handling cases and hoping to make it to their public wedding on time.   Completed: April 30, 2007

1. Chapter 1 by The Yank and The Brit [Reviews - 0] heartheartheartheartheart (8296 words)

2. Chapter 2 by The Yank and The Brit [Reviews - 0] (7096 words)

3. Chapter 3 by The Yank and The Brit [Reviews - 0] (8422 words)

4. Chapter 4 by The Yank and The Brit [Reviews - 0] (7740 words)

5. Chapter 5 by The Yank and The Brit [Reviews - 0] (8269 words)

6. Chapter 6 by The Yank and The Brit [Reviews - 0] (9676 words)

7. Chapter 7 by The Yank and The Brit [Reviews - 0] (9297 words)

8. Chapter 8 by The Yank and The Brit [Reviews - 0] (6343 words)

9. Chapter 9 by The Yank and The Brit [Reviews - 0] (7769 words)

10. Chapter 10 by The Yank and The Brit [Reviews - 0] (11231 words)

11. Chapter 11 by The Yank and The Brit [Reviews - 0] (9788 words)

12. Chapter 12 by The Yank and The Brit [Reviews - 0] (6872 words)

13. Chapter 13 by The Yank and The Brit [Reviews - 0] (5112 words)

14. Epilogue by The Yank and The Brit [Reviews - 2] heartheartheartheartheart (8283 words)

Terms of ServiceRulesContact Us