- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: Scarecrow and Mrs.King is the property of Warner Brothers and Shoot the Moon enterprises. This story is for entertainment purposes only. No infringement of rights is intended.
Lee Stetson stealthily made his way through the silent neighborhood. Despite his fatigue, there was one thing he hadn't been able to let go, and it had kept him from his much needed rest. Trying to get the drop on Brody had taken all his energy and time in the past few weeks. He had only been able to spend moments alone with Amanda, and it wasn't enough.

As he moved past the side of the house, he briefly glanced up towards Amanda's window. Automatically, his hand went to the keys in his pocket, and he was grateful he no longer had to resort to climbing the trellis to see her at night.

Coming to the back door, Lee peeked through the window and listened intently as he unlocked and opened it, though he was sure his family was asleep. Entering the dark kitchen, he carefully closed and re-locked the door behind him, trying to stifle a yawn.

He needed sleep...but more than that, he needed his wife.

Quietly, he ascended the stairs toward his salvation. When he reached her room, he paused for a moment, listening, then turned the knob slowly, pushing open the door. The window was open just a crack, and a light breeze wafted through the room as he closed the door behind him. Amanda was lying on her side, sound asleep and breathing softly. She was the sweetest sight Lee had ever seen.

He crept over to the side of the bed and carefully sat down next to her. With his left hand, he brushed the soft strands of her hair away from her face. Stirring slightly, she turned thoughtlessly into his gentle touch. He smiled at her natural and affectionate reaction to the simple stroke of his fingers across her cheek.

Leaning over her small form, he placed a butterfly kiss on her temple. The chaste touch of his lips to her skin roused her from what he hoped were dreams of him. Surprise shown in her eyes as soon as she focused on his shadowy form in the dimly lit room. He grinned, his dimples showing.

Still, her brow furrowed in confusion and when she opened her mouth, he stopped her, placing his index finger against her lips. She met and held his gaze, the silent question obvious in the depth of her eyes.

After only a moment, her face softened, and she kissed the tip of his finger in understanding.

His breath caught in anticipation; he knew this was risky as well as she did. If anyone found them, it would take from now until the next century to explain, but he needed to touch her, he needed to be touched, and it was worth the chance. He moved his finger from her mouth and placed both hands on the bed to support his weight above her. She slid her palm up his arm and over his shoulder, threading her fingers through the hair at the nape of his neck and pulling him towards her.

Slowly, his lips descended to meet hers in a sensual, lingering kiss. He sucked her full bottom lip into his mouth, caressing it with his tongue, and she sighed softly. Before the kiss had a chance to deepen, Lee sat up. Quickly, he removed his shoes and his socks, and Amanda scooted over to make room for him in her bed.

Turning back around, he caught and held her gaze as he laid down next to her. They reached for each other at the same time, then rolled, so Amanda was on her back. Taking her mouth at once, he rubbed her back through her thin cotton nightgown, while her hands went directly to the buttons on his shirt. She opened each button carefully, but quickly, then ran her hands up his well muscled chest and over his broad shoulders, pushing his shirt away from his body.

He pressed his lips to hers, and she kissed him greedily. When he opened his mouth to tease her with the tip of his tongue, she responded eagerly, parting her lips and softly stroking his tongue with her own. Her insistency told Lee that she had missed him just as much as he had missed her.

As he broke their hungry kiss, Amanda trailed her fingertips down his bare chest stopping only when she reached the next item of clothing to be removed. Nimbly, she unbuckled his belt with one hand then went straight to the button on his pants, not taking the time to remove the belt.

Lee tried to concentrate on the buttons at the top of her nightgown as her hand brushed over and across his arousal. He had only opened the top three by the time she was trying to push his pants over his hips, and he figured that would be enough to get the nightgown up and over her head. He turned to lie on his back and lifted his hips to assist Amanda in the removal of unwanted clothes.

When he turned back toward her, he was naked. Her hands skimmed his body, never resting in one spot for more than a moment. She paused only to raise her arms above her head, allowing Lee to remove her nightgown. As soon as the garment was tossed to the floor, her hands were back on his warm body.

He grasped her waist, pulling her back to him, as close as he could. He kissed the tip of her nose, nipped at her chin then pressed a trail of hot, wet kisses down the column of her throat to the tip of her collar bone.
She sighed again, a soft, feminine hum of approval, and it sent a shock of electricity through Lee's body.

Moving lower, he captured her breast in the warm cavern of his mouth. Pulling back slowly, he tugged on her nipple with his lips, then released it and blew a cool stream of air over her flushed skin. She shivered in response then laced her fingers through his short, brown hair, pulling his mouth back towards her breast.

He conceded happily and reclaimed his prize. Swirling his tongue around the taut nub, he teased and suckled until she was writhing beneath him. He planted a kiss in the valley between her breasts, and his hand drifted across her stomach and lower. In return, she reached for his erection, stroking his hardness with the palm of her hand and teasing his tip with her fingers. He groaned softly in response to her caresses and quickly removed the last barrier between them.

When she was as gloriously naked as himself, he moved above her, pressing her gently into the mattress. Her quiet moan told him how much she appreciated the weight of his body on top of her. She bent her knees, opening herself to him. The silky skin of her inner thighs pressed against his sides. Bringing his left hand between them, he brushed the back of his fingers across the curls at the juncture between her legs and stroked her softly. Pressing his finger into her core, he found her hot and wet and ready for him.

She wrapped her hand around his hard, hot length then removed it as she guided him to her entrance. He pressed just the tip of his erection into her, but caught her lips in a passionate kiss before he entered her fully. As he thrust into her, she raised her hips so she could take him in further. The sensation, after so long, was indescribable.

Lee took his time making love to his wife, thrusting slowly against her and lavishing her body with openmouthed kisses. She voiced her approval of each touch with a soft sigh or moan, mindful of the other occupants of the house.

As the intensity of his pleasure built, he increased his momentum slightly and changed the angle of his thrusts to bring Amanda with him. She made a sound in the back of her throat, close to a whimper, and that alone almost sent him soaring. Moving one hand to grasp her hip, he thrust deeper and harder than before. She tensed immediately, contracting and pulsing around him. Holding on to him tightly, her fingers dug into the muscles of his back, as if he were her lifeline.

The fierceness of her orgasm brought him to the edge and sent him flying right off the precipice. He buried his face against the soft skin of her shoulder to muffle his growl of ecstasy. They clung to each other for one long moment, then Lee slid out of her warmth and to her side, his head still resting on her shoulder. Both breathing hard, they took the time to recover from their passionate interlude.

***

When Amanda caught her breath and her heart had slowed, she turned to Lee, intending to tell him how much she loved him, but his eyes were closed, his breathing steady. She caressed his cheek and he sighed softly, but otherwise didn't respond. He was definitely asleep...sound asleep.

She smiled and shook her head. At least now he could get the rest he so desperately needed. Turning slightly, she reset her alarm for an hour earlier, enough time for Lee to get up and out of the house before anyone else woke up. As she started to fall asleep herself, with her husband close to her in bed, she decided sometime -- sometime soon -- this mystery marriage had to end.

The End