- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: The characters belong to Shoot the Moon and Warner Brothers. The story is mine. There is no infringement intended.
Lee Stetson stood in the shade of a tall tree watching the nearby ranch estate of local newspaper editor and possible terrorist backer, Clark Newsby. He and Amanda had been there for hours. They were assigned to watch the comings and goings of the inhabitants and visitors of the plush ‘ranch’ but so far only one coming had been noted.

The little red sports car had parked in the circle drive, after screeching to a halt. It’s lone rider and driver had gotten out, ran up the steps and into the arms of an unknown man. The pair had entered the estate house, shut the door behind them and hadn’t been seen again.

No one else entered the gates and no one else left the gates. Scarecrow was going out of his mind with boredom and tension of varied sorts. Frustrated, he thrust the binoculars at his wife and partner and stalked to the car to call Billy for the 5pm check in. As he spoke to the section chief, his wife lifted the glasses to her own eyes and surveyed the gates once more. There was still no further activity and the clouds, which had threatened rain all day, were now banking up and forming an unpleasant black wall in the west.

Even Amanda, who was known for having the patience to deal with the most tedious of tasks, was thoroughly ready to call it a day. Not only was she bored and tired, but she was convinced that she and Lee deserved some free time together, without work or family distractions. The underlying activities of today’s efforts proved that.

She lowered the binoculars and turned her attention back to Lee. He grinned at her from his position near the corvette. He gave her a thumbs-up sign and she sighed a huge sigh of relief. Billy was calling them back in, finally.

Together she and Lee packed up their cameras and listening equipment, most of which had gone unused. Glancing often at the darkening sky, they worked without speaking, seeming to sense the others next move.

Today had not been a total waste. At least they had the chance to talk without interruption for the first time in days. They caught up on lots of things, like Jamie’s latest science project and Phillip’s batting average this last ball season. As well as discussing the boys and their escapades they talked about the possibility of revealing their marriage to the world.

It was a frequent topic of conversation lately. They shared a longing to live together openly as man and wife. It was seemingly overpowering at times. It was almost a physical pain they each felt when they parted at night, either at Amanda’s back door or in the parking lot of Lee’s apartment building.

However, the need to insure that the family was safe and protected from the seamier aspects of their jobs was an even more worthy issue. All discussions so far had ended with an agreement that the marriage would remain hidden. Today’s talk had been no different. As always, it left both parties frustrated and even more likely to grab whatever time they could and hold on for as long as possible.

Indeed Lee had tried to do just that. Amanda smiled as she thought back to the early part of the afternoon when it had become apparent that no one was going anywhere near that estate, except for the woman in the red car, who was obviously there for the night.

Lee had commented that the man in question was enjoying himself and why shouldn’t they? He had grabbed her around the waist and pulled her against his lean form. Too startled to object, Amanda had melted against him as he kissed her softly. He maneuvered her body until he leaned against the car and she leaned against him. His hands had roamed her back and probably would have gone farther except for the shrill ringing of the car phone.

By the time he was through talking to Francine, Amanda had resumed control of the situation and had firmly refused to allow any further disruptions in their assignment.

So, instead of touching her, he had settled for long smoldering looks and breathing down her neck every chance he got. He knew several ways to arouse her without even laying a hand on her and he had been using them all today.

Now with the car packed and their assignment over, Amanda decided to give her naughty husband a taste of his own medicine. She leaned in the window of the driver’s seat where he was already seated. The third and fourth buttons of her blouse now lay open exposing her creamy skin to his eyes. His face registered the impact of the sight. His eyes dilated slightly and he smiled seductively. Amanda laid one lingering kiss on his mouth and whispered close to his ear, “I’m really ready for a nice long bath and a cool glass of wine. Do you know where I might find one or both?”

The rush of her breath over his skin caused him to shiver slightly. Gruffly he answered, “You know, I know just the guy to help you out. He lives real close to me. In fact he is me.”

He stretched his neck for another taste of her lips but she pulled away and said, “Well then, let’s go big fella.” She grinned at him and walked slowly around the front of the car. She looked back at him briefly, winked saucily and blew him a kiss. When she got in the door, that he held open for her from inside, Lee peeked again at her neckline. The buttons were firmly closed. He thought, “When did she do that?” He didn’t comment, he just turned his attention to the task at hand and started the car.

He reversed the car and started on the road home. He looked down when he felt her hand slide boldly up his thigh. It came to rest just above the inseam of his jeans on his upper leg. He turned to face her. She was looking studiously out the window. He groaned low in his throat. It was going to be a long ride home.

The next several minutes of the ride home were quiet. Amanda’s hand remained where it was and Lee’s attention wavered between the road and the effects her touch was having on his senses. His leg tingled where she touched him and his jeans suddenly seemed to tighten in certain places. He tried to think of a safe topic of conversation to distract him from the growing need to pull over and behave like an over eager teenager.

A sudden gust of wind provided him with a safe topic. “Amanda, I think we’re going to have a storm soon. How far are we from some sort of shelter?”

“Let me look at the map.” She pulled the folded document from the glove compartment and inspected it closely. “We may have a bit of a problem. There isn’t another house or station for miles as I recall and there is no other way to the highway from this road either.”

“OK Well then let’s just get as far as we can and see what happens.”

They didn’t get far before the rain started to come down in sheets. The wind blew and thunder and lightening were all around them. Presently Lee had to pull the car over and wait for the wind to die down. He looked over at Amanda’s face and could see that she was a bit distressed by the turn of events.

“Hey, it’ll be okay. I don’t think this will last long. The clouds seem to be moving pretty quick.” He reached across the small space and touched her face.

“I know. I guess it’s silly really. I’ve always been a little nervous in storms. I’ll be all right. After all, who better to be caught in a storm with than the best looking man in D.C.?”

“Just D.C.? And here I thought you were completely besotted with me.” His grin was infectious and Amanda answered with one of her own.

Turning in the car seat to face him she placed her left arm on his right shoulder and leaned in for a quick peck on the cheek. “Oh, I’m besotted. I just don’t want to see you trapped in here by your own ego.”

“Very funny, Mrs. Stetson.” Lee looked out the window and said, “I think we can go now. It seems to be slacking off.”

Amanda straightened up in her seat, readjusted her seatbelt and replied, “Well then, let’s go. I have a hot date tonight. I think you might know him. He lives in your building.”

He cast her a withering glance, pulled back onto the road and slowly made his way toward home. As they rode on in silence he became aware of the sound of her breathing. Unconsciously he matched his own to hers. By altering his respiration he found himself breathing deeper and slower. He inhaled the smell of her perfume. It was his favorite. She always wore it to work and out on dates with him. He discovered that the tingling in his leg had returned even though she had her hands in her lap. In fact, not only did his leg tingle, his whole body seemed to be electrified.

Next to him Amanda was aware of the change in her spouse’s breathing. He seemed to be matching his breaths to hers. It immediately brought thoughts of making love with him to mind. They always seemed to move together in perfect accord. She knew when to give and when to take and he seemed to be able to do the same. She glanced over at him and saw him swallow hard. His hands were clenched around the steering wheel. Gulping she resumed looking out the window at the road ahead of them. “Please let this be a quick trip home. He’s thinking just like I am. It’s just been to long.”

Her fervent prayers were not to be answered, unfortunately. She gasped at the sight before her. “Lee stop! The bridge up ahead.”

“What? What about the bridge?”

“ I think it’s washed out.”

Lee braked quickly and brought the sports car to a halt. The rain had stopped completely and he left the car to inspect the bridge at close range.

“You’re right, Amanda. It’s washed away entirely. There must have been a flash flood with that rainstorm. There’s debris all over the place around here.”

“What are we going to do? There’s no other way out of this area. How are we going to get home?”

“Let’s call Billy and see if we can get a damage report on the storm and then see if he can arrange for some one to pick us up somehow. I think we could cross the stream on foot if we had to.”

Lee picked up the car phone and called the Agency. “Billy, it’s Scarecrow. We have a little problem here. We got caught in the rain and now there is a bridge washed out. We’re stuck here in the middle of no where….You’re kidding. That bad? OK we’ll hang tight here. Let us know if something happens and you can get us a way out of here. Bye”

He hung up the receiver and shook his head at Amanda. “Bad news. The storm was worse in the city. They got power lines down and lots of damage. There won’t be any one to get us out here until morning.”

“Oh Lee what are we going to do out here all night?”

“Oh Lee what are we going to do here all night? Never mind that. I have to call my mother. She’s gonna be worried sick if I’m not home for supper. You know we promised to spend more time with each other and she is holding up her end but I can never seem to make it on time, if I make it at all. She is going to be very disappointed with me.”

Lee grinned at her, “Slow down Amanda. Just call her from the car phone. Tell her we got caught in the storm and will be home as soon as possible.” He handed her the phone and listened as she conversed with Dotty.

“No Mother, we can’t call a taxi. The road is washed out. The bridge is gone and there is debris everywhere. How am I calling you? Well, Lee has a phone in his car. No, I don’t know when we’re coming home. I suppose as soon as the weather damage is under control and the film company can send someone to get us. Where are we? Umm we were doing research for a documentary on the…on the mating cycles of the American tree lizard. No I never heard of it either. Yes ask Jamie to look it up if you want. Mother, I have to go now. I can’t hear you very well. No don’t worry. We’re fine. Bye Bye.”

With an immense sigh she hung up the phone and said, “Well at least I was able to get her before the phones went out in the city.” She looks at him expectantly, as if to say, ‘Ok, we have a problem. Fix it.’

“What?” Lee’s tone is puzzled.

“What what?”

“What are you looking at me that way for?” Lee motioned with his hands for emphasis.

“I don’t know. I just looked at you. Can I not look at my husband when and how I want to? You look at me when and how you want to.”

“Amanda, do you want to know how I want to look at you right now?”

“How?”

“Oh never mind.” He swept his errant thoughts away. They were hardly in any position to act on them any way. “Let’s just listen to the radio and see if we can pass the time, all right?”

Amanda rolled her eyes at his peculiar behavior, unfastened her seatbelt, and leaned forward to turn the radio on. They listened to the news then switched to an easy listening music station. By now it was dark and they listened to the music in silence for some time.

Lee found himself thinking of the vibes she had sent him earlier. He knew that she was just as turned on as he was before they discovered their predicament. How had she turned it off so quickly? He was still having trouble keeping his hands to himself. He perused her profile thoughtfully. She was beautiful. He loved her hair up like that. It made him want to kiss her neck just above her collarbone. That always drove her wild.

Amanda could feel his gaze on her. She could practically hear the thoughts in his head. ‘He loves my hair this way. I wear it like this to drive him crazy.’ When she could stand it no longer she returned his gaze and licked her lips compulsively. She turned her body to face him once again and put one arm on his shoulder. She leaned close and said, “You know, Lee, you never did say what we were going to do all night.”

Lee breathed in sharply. His eyes went cloudy with desire. Something pulled at his soul from deep within him.

She felt the answering tug deep in the pit of her stomach. He hadn’t even touched her yet and she was ready to tear his clothes off.

He lowered his head to her neck and blew softly against the skin there. He didn’t touch her, not yet. He was afraid that if he touched her he wouldn’t be able to control himself.

She shivered in response to his breath on her flesh. Instinctively, she drew herself closer to him. The console bit into her thigh bringing her sharply back into their current situation. She shrank back and muttered, “Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea. I’m sorry Lee. I wasn’t thinking about…well, I just wasn’t thinking.”

Lee heaved a sigh of relief. He wasn’t going to have to stop her. He wasn’t sure he could have if he’d wanted to.

“Let’s just try to get some rest, OK? Try to make yourself more comfortable.”

She nodded her agreement and reached down to remove her shoes. Simultaneously, Lee reached to do the same thing. Their faces came within centimeters of each other. They couldn’t seem to break eye contact and slowly they rose upward and toward each other.

Magnetically drawn together, their lips met at last. Lee cupped her face in his hands and pressed her lips open. His tongue dipped inside and tasted her warmth. For long moments he held her captive in his grasp. Finally he released her and each regarded the other almost warily.

Amanda listened to her pounding heart and obeyed its command. She leaned over and threaded her hands into his hair. She pulled insistently and he followed her lead. They kissed for what seemed an eternity. Finally she broke free and gasped, “Oh Lee. What are we doing?”

He grinned, “If you have to ask, I must not be doing something right. Let me try again.” He laid his mouth alongside the pulse bounding in her throat. He used both hands to pull her shirt out of her jeans and caressed the skin of her abdomen.

Amanda sucked in sharply in awareness of his fingers on the flesh of her stomach. She used her own shaking fingers to unfasten the buttons of his shirt. She traced the outline of his hard flat male nipples.

It was his turn to gasp for air. He captured her hands in his and fought for control. “Amanda, if we don’t stop now, I won’t be able to stop.”

“I don’t want to stop, Lee.”

Her words were more than he could stand and her released her hands and rapidly unfastened the buttons of her blouse. He roughly unclasped her bra in the front and removed both articles of clothing from her shoulders. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her up to his mouth. The angle was awkward and he couldn’t reach her as fully as he needed to.

At his groan of frustration, she pulled away and, never breaking eye contact, she unsnapped and unzipped her jeans. She shimmied out, taking her white lace undies with them.

Following her lead, Lee removed the rest of his own clothes and waited for her next move. He didn’t have to wait long.

She lowered her face and kissed his chest, then worked her way down his hard torso. She placed a light kiss on his now hard shaft and reached between his legs with one slim arm. Lee closed his eyes and waited for her touch. It never came. What he felt instead was the sudden movement of his seat as she pushed the lever underneath and it shifted back as far as possible.

He opened his eyes and watched as she moved up to straddle his lap. She settled just above his throbbing penis. He could feel the heat imminating from her core and grasped her hips to pull her closer. He caught the tip of her white breast in his mouth and gently pulled. She arched her back and pushed farther into his mouth. He sucked harder and seized its mate in his hand. He rolled the hard nipple and tugged with his thumb and finger.

She thought she was going to explode if he didn’t touch her most intimate spot soon. As if reading her thoughts he abandoned her nipple and softly parted the fuzz at the apex of her thighs and entered her slowly with one finger. He found her wet and hot and in response he inserted a second finger and rubbed her inner trigger point in small circles.

Their eyes met and he could feel the love they shared envelope him. He kissed her tenderly and rubbed his throbbing need against her lower body. She raised her hips and guided him into the place readied by his stroking fingers. She felt him fill her body and soul. Slowly she moved up and down the length of him. Each time she stopped just short of leaving him completely and then plunged back to her starting point.

When he could stand no more, he grasped her hips and held her firmly in place as he braced his feet against the floorboard of the car and his back against the seat and pistoned his hips into her. He felt her inner muscles clench him as she climaxed and he could hold out no longer. He stiffened and poured himself into her.

He clasped her tight against his body and felt her trembling. He ran his hands up and down her back and soothed her body.

“I love you.”

“I know, I love you, too.”

They remained joined for several moments as they regained their equilibrium. Reluctantly they separated and picked up their clothes.

Just as they were dressing, the phone rang shrilly. Amanda jumped at the sudden intrusion and let Lee answer it. While he talked to the party on the other end she noticed headlights getting closer to their location. She frantically dressed and motioned for Lee to do the same.

“Uh, yea, Billy I see the lights now. No, we weren’t too uncomfortable. Thanks Billy. See you in the morning.”

To Amanda he said, “Our rescue is here.” He hurriedly dressed and got out to meet the driver of the Agency vehicle that had come to get them. She soon joined them and they made their way over the now empty streambed and into the waiting car.

At her doorstep later that night….

“Well thanks for the ride, Mr. Stetson.”

“No problem, Mrs. Stetson, my pleasure.”

“Mine too.”

The End